Friday, January 25, 2008

Nani Iro by Naomi Ito



I haven't been able to sleep this week! Ever since I found this Nani Iro fabric collection by Naomi Ito for Kokka, it has been consuming all of my thoughts and I NEED to get my hands on some!! February is Quilting Month over at SMS, and I keep debating whether or not to make my quilt (FIRST quilt, which I intend to make using the Easy Lap Quilt pattern from Ben the Rules Sewing) with this gorgeous fabric. . . Why? Well, it's a little more expensive than what I am used to paying for my SMS fabric :) Also, it is my first quilt - what if I mess it up? I would be devastated! EIther way, I'm going to get my share this weekend so I can get some sleep next week! (Yeah right, I will probably be getting it out every 5 seconds to look at it!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered Naomi Ito while in NYC last week. Wow! I want to use her fabric in a quilt, too. While trying to learn more about her I found your blog. I'll have to browse around to see how you used her fabric. It really makes one think differently about sewing to have fabric like this! Have you seen her new line?

SQUID said...

I haven't used it yet!!! I look at it everyday, but am too afraid to make something out of it myself, since I still am a beginner. I'm thinking now about having a dress made for me, and saving the rest for a quilt after I build up my sewing confidence! I don't want to rush into using this fabric as it is my favorite and I LOVE IT! I didn't know about the new line until I read your comment---thanks! It is absolutely gorgeous.