Sunday, July 20, 2008

July Sewing




It has been a while since I have sewn anything for myself, so I decided to make a few must-have summer items:

A sunglasses case (SO easy I made a couple for friends) using some County Fair canvas fabric by Denyse Schmidt.

When visiting quilt market in the spring, Tanya Whelan had these drawstring bags made from her new fabric line Ava Rose on display. I couldn't get them out of my head, so I decided to whip one of myself! Simple, and perfect for an overnight venture or a trip to the beach!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bag! Love that you used the grey dots which are among my favorites of the collection.

Mom2fur said...

Both your projects are very cute! I should make something like that for my extra pair of glasses--it might make them easier to find, LOL!